Friday 19 April 2013

Cirl Buntings...

I use the term loosely, there were only three present but that's to be expected at this time of the year. This is the only perk I get each year from visiting my accountant ('perk' and 'accountant' - not two words normally used in the same sentence), he lives in Torbay. I always sneak a look in to see these beauties and I'm always glad I did...


Male Cirl Bunting, South Devon: R. Harris

Male Cirl Bunting, South Devon: R. Harris
However... there was a CWAD too. He walked his Labrador around the site perimeter, watching me all the while, then right through the area where the cirls were feeding (and he could see I was looking) and then came back to ask if I "was looking at something rare". I couldn't help myself, "it is now mate, you and your dog frightened the bloody birds off". He actually looked surprised, completelely unaware of his surroundings. Unfortunately in an hour of waiting, none of the birds returned, so a couple of birders who turned afterwards dipped out. He was definitely a CWAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment